Social media is a bit like an art gallery where we only exhibit the things that make us look good.
Unless you’re extremely well adjusted, most people shy away from intentionally representing themselves in a bad way on Facebook or Twitter. Sure, you’ll occasionally see people indulging in a bit of point-scoring self-deprecation, but most of the time people will censor the bad parts of their life and exaggerate the good bits to make it seem like they’re on top of it all. To an extent, we’re all guilty of this particular vice.
But there are some people who take it way too far; their walls are rife with hyperbolic statuses, superficial displays of wealth and success, not to mention a whole load of self-aggrandising waffle. It’s exasperating having to put up with seeing these people lie through their teeth for the sake of attention, but that only makes it funnier when they get caught out and look like complete fools. If you don’t believe me, then just take a look at these shameless internet liars who ended up getting completely busted.
2. Someone’s invented a girlfriend for himself
3. Nice comeback
4. Please vaccinate your kids folks
5. Magazines can be pretty contradictory sometimes
6. I don’t need to know her to know she smokes
7. This guy should replace Attenborough
8. That’s not the British Museum, people
9. A misogynist outed
10. Watch out for those watermarks
11. Learn to speak the language!
12. Chemistry fail
13. Shut down by Starbucks
14. You cannot play Ocarina of Time on a SNES
15. The customer isn’t always right
16. Pretty easy to source pictures like this
17. This is just offensive
18. A day at the beach huh?
19. I did it in five minutes
20. Fishing for compliments
But this isn’t the first time that we’ve had the privilege of shedding some light on some of social media’s most offensive liars. If you want even more justice for fakers and posers then check out these 15 shameless liars who got owned on Facebook.