On Tuesday, Twitter user @mattdpearce asked, «What are your favorite public statues?» for no reason in particular, nope. Here are some of the coolest ones:
1. The Superman statue in Metropolis, Illinois.
2. The statue of Jim Henson and his beloved creation, Kermit, in College Park, Maryland.
3. The Albert Einstein statue in Washington, DC.
4. The Holocaust memorial in Budapest.
5. The Make Way for Ducklings statue in Boston’s Public Garden.
6. This statue of Dr. Seuss with the Cat in the Hat in Springfield, Massachusetts.
7. This statue of boxer Joe Louis’s arm in Detroit.
8. This statue of Chirori, Japan’s first certified therapy dog and her children in Tokyo.
9. This statue of a sleeping traveler in Orlando International Airport.
10. The Bussa emancipation statue in Bridgetown, Barbados.
11. These statues of kissing dinosaurs on the border of China and Mongolia.
12. This statue of Lt. Col. Michael Anderson, who was killed in the Columbia disaster, in Spokane, Washington.
13. This statue of a policeman being tripped by a man in a sewer in Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, Belgium.
14. The Mothman statue in Point Pleasant, West Virginia.
15. The statue of Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces in New Orleans.
16. The upside-down Charles La Trobe statue in Melbourne.
17. The Navajo Code Talkers statue in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
18. This statue of Phil Lynott, lead singer of Thin Lizzy, in Dublin.
19. And finally, this statue of Tombili the cat in Istanbul.